If you have a commercial building, installing 3M window films just makes good financial sense. They have a fast payback and can improve the experience of your tenants and their clients in several ways. Let’s take a look at commercial buildings and the 5 reasons to use 3M window films:
1. Fast Payback – 3M window films have a fast payback. This means, you save money in other ways that helps the window films pay for themselves within three years. The primary savings is in heating and cooling costs. For example, 3M Sun Control window films help reflect UV rays and reduce heat gain by rejecting up to 79% of the sun’s heat. This equates to savings on your HVAC costs and in the long term, running less frequently helps save wear and tear on your HVAC system so it has a longer lifespan.
2. Protect Against Glass Breakage – 3M Safety window films help protect against glass breakage caused by natural disasters, spontaneous glass breakage and earthquakes. When you have 3M Safety window films, if the glass does break, the film helps hold it together and keep it in the frame to avoid glass falling on people or objects below.
3. Protect Against Intrusion Attempts – Burglary isn’t limited to residential settings. Burglary attempts can happen with commercial buildings as well, especially retail spaces. 3M Security window films protect against intrusion attempts including forced entry, bomb blasts and vandalism. Again, the window films help hold the broken glass together in the frame to prevent falling or shattered broken glass, making harder for burglars to enter. If you experience vandalism, the window films can easily be replaced to remove the offending graffiti and replacing the window films is more affordable than replacing the window or glass itself.
4. Keep Tenants Comfortable – The more comfortable your tenants are in the space they are renting from you, the more likely they are to continue their leases. Tenant retention is an important concern for owners of commercial buildings. 3M Thinsulate window films increase tenant comfort by reducing heat gain, reducing cold spots and helping eliminate glare on computers and other devices. It’s like having an extra pane of glass.
5. Brighten Spaces Naturally – You can bring natural light further into your building with 3M Daylight Redirecting window film. This film redirects natural light as much as 40 ft. into the building. This has benefits for a number of commercial buildings including schools, medical buildings and retail applications. Studies show that exposure to natural light boosts retail sales, increases student test scores, improves employee productivity, speeds up patient recovery times and like other films, also helps reduce energy costs.
If you own a commercial building, 3M window films have an application that can benefit you and your tenants. Review these 5 reasons to use 3M window films and give Carolina Solar a call to discuss how we can bring added security, sun control and natural light to your building.