Optimizing natural light in buildings helps provide a better experience for all of us.
3M Daylight Redirecting Film is a simple, effective daylighting solution which comfortably brings natural light deeper into buildings.
- Buildings with abundant natural light have been shown to:
- Increase employee productivity
- Improve student test scores
- Improve patient recovery times
- Boost retail sales
- Decrease rates of absenteeism
- Reduce energy costs
Naturally brightens your day.
3M Daylight Redirecting Film is designed to move excess light close to the window and redirect it deeper into the building to increase the daylight penetration. Bringing natural light deeper into the building helps provide the many benefits of natural light for more occupants as well as helping reduce the need for artificial lighting which can save energy.
In addition, 3M Daylight Redirecting Film:
- Reduces glare and discomfort caused by direct sunlight on occupants
- Redirects natural light 40ft. or more into the building
- Extends daylight zone up to 8ft. into the building for every 1 foot of treated window
- Can provide up to 52% lighting energy savings compared to baseline usage
- Can provide savings of up to 1.5kwh/sq.ft of floor area
Simple, Effective Daylighting Solution
Compared to existing light reflecting strategies, 3M Daylight Redirecting Film is easily integrated into new or existing windows. It requires no extra hardware or infrastructure, and little to no extra maintenance or special cleaning. It works at all times of the day, even when the sun is at a low angle. Plus, it’s more cost effective than many existing daylighting solutions.